|Title:||Donor Services Associate|
|Company:||Baltimore Community Foundation|
Donor Services Associate
Baltimore Community Foundation is a philanthropic foundation created by and for the people of Greater Baltimore, where many donors join together to make the region they love a better place, today and for future generations. Our mission is to inspire donors to achieve their charitable goals from generation to generation and to improve the quality of life in the Baltimore region through grantmaking, enlightened civic leadership and strategic investments. BCF’s vision is of a Baltimore that boasts a growing economy where all have the opportunity to thrive. Our action agenda organizes grants, initiatives and advocacy around this vision. The values that guide our work are trustworthiness, inclusion, and entrepreneurialism.
With assets over $170 million comprised of over 800 charitable funds, BCF has granted over $392 million since its inception in 1972 and is one of the Baltimore region’s top grantmaking foundations. BCF makes charitable contributions to support a wide range of issues affecting the Baltimore region, currently with a focus on investments in two interest areas: Neighborhoods and Education. BCF is the fiscal sponsor for three major program initiatives and is affiliated with four supporting organizations. BCF undergoes a vigorous accreditation every five years and is certified under the Council on Foundation’s National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations.
BCF operates from the knowledge that profound disparities in opportunity exist between people of color and their white counterparts; and we acknowledge the historic and ongoing role that structural racism plays in creating and perpetuating those disparities. That is why we are committed to reducing racial disparities, identifying and combating structural racism, and fostering more equity and inclusion through our grantmaking, initiatives, and advocacy.
The Donor Services Associate reports to the Donor Services Officer and works closely with members of the Communications, Development & Donor Services, and Community Investment teams to support donor cultivation and development activities. The Donor Services Associate is responsible for strengthening relationships with donors, prospective donors and the professional advisor community in order to build the assets of the Baltimore Community Foundation consistent with the goals of the strategic plan and the annual development plan. The Donor Services Associate is required to perform the responsibilities of the position diligently and with strict confidentiality. Proficiency working with MS Office and relational databases, strong organizational skills, flexibility, enthusiasm, and the ability to communicate well with board-level volunteers as well as staff in all departments of the Foundation are essential to the success of the position.
- Organize and execute BCF events throughout the year, including breakfast and lunch meetings, donor education and appreciation events:
- Lead event planning by creating timetables and task lists and coordinating staff and volunteers;
- Generate invitation lists based on specified criteria;
- Manage RSVP lists, email and phone follow-up with guests;
- Manage the selection of all event vendors and serve as primary contact for them;
- Act as event production manager, ensuring that events run smoothly according to plan.
- Respond to donor needs, support donor cultivation and civic leadership goals by providing excellent donor service in all interactions with BCF donors, fund holders and their advisors.
- Provide assistance to fund holders by supporting BCF’s online donor portal and fulfilling requests for gift and grant history information.
- Collaborate with other members of the team on the development and implementation of cultivation and solicitation strategies to secure gifts, establish new funds and promote legacy giving through BCF.
- Assume a portfolio of new prospects and existing fund holders for cultivation and engagement with a goal of encouraging additions to existing funds, support of BCF, its grantmaking and initiatives, and the development of legacy gifts.
- Provide support to the Donor Services Officer and act as a back-up in their absence.
- Participate in new fund holder welcome meetings and deliver fund binders to fund holders. Use those meetings as opportunities to develop demographic and biographical information about BCF donors, identify opportunities for fund holders, solicit referrals and reinforce BCF’s giving options. Report the results of such meetings to the Development team and record in BCF’s donor database.
- Coordinate and implement BCF’s donor education and engagement strategies in collaboration with BCF’s Community Investment department and using partnerships with organizations like the Association of Baltimore Area Grantmakers, the Association of Small Foundations and other available resources.
- Collaborate with BCF Community Investment staff to help organize, manage and follow-up on selected family foundation meetings.
- Attend donor events and networking events.
- Provide meeting support, including scheduling, preparing agendas and other meeting materials.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Donor Services Officer.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience; degree preferred
- Experience in a development office and/or customer service environment a plus
- Excellent planning, organizational and follow-up skills are required
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization
- Demonstrated event coordination skills: managing invitations and RSVPs, planning timetables and tasks, selecting and managing vendors
- Demonstrated skills in fundraising software, Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Excellent skills in Word, Excel and Outlook (Skills will be tested during the interview process.)
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities through clear and direct communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills: experience working with a diverse staff and clientele and collaborating across departments to implement processes and best practices and achieve results
- Desire to work in the philanthropic sector and to benefit Baltimore
- Sense of humor
We offer a competitive compensation package including benefits such as health, vision and dental insurance, retirement contribution and match, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, disability insurance, charitable match, flexible spending account, employee assistance program and more.
Direct calls and/or unsolicited third-party endorsements are strongly discouraged. No professional recruiters please.