|Company:||Baltimore Community Foundation|
Baltimore Community Foundation is a philanthropic foundation created by and for the people of Greater Baltimore, where many donors join together to make the region they love a better place, today and for future generations. Our mission is to inspire donors to achieve their charitable goals from generation to generation and to improve the quality of life in the Baltimore region through grantmaking, enlightened civic leadership and strategic investments. BCF’s vision is of a Baltimore that boasts a growing economy where all have the opportunity to thrive. Our action agenda organizes grants, initiatives and advocacy around this vision. The values that guide our work are trustworthiness, inclusion, and entrepreneurialism.
With assets over $170 million comprised of over 800 charitable funds, BCF has granted over $392 million since its inception in 1972 and is one of the Baltimore region’s top grantmaking foundations. BCF makes charitable contributions to support a wide range of issues affecting the Baltimore region, currently with a focus on investments in two interest areas: Neighborhoods and Education. BCF is the fiscal sponsor for three major program initiatives and is affiliated with four supporting organizations. BCF undergoes a vigorous accreditation every five years and is certified under the Council on Foundation’s National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations.
BCF operates from the knowledge that profound disparities in opportunity exist between people of color and their white counterparts; and we acknowledge the historic and ongoing role that structural racism plays in creating and perpetuating those disparities. That is why we are committed to reducing racial disparities, identifying and combating structural racism, and fostering more equity and inclusion through our grantmaking, initiatives, and advocacy.
This is an exempt position reporting directly to the President. The Executive Assistant performs a wide range of complex and confidential administrative and clerical support duties in the executive office. This position interacts daily with stakeholders in Greater Baltimore and must handle all communications with confidentiality and professionalism. Due to meeting schedules at BCF, flexibility on early or after hours is required.
- Screens, answers and/or routes phone calls, mail and email messages;
- Types, proofreads, scans, mails and files reports and correspondence;
- Opens, organizes and routes mail; answers correspondence, where appropriate, and monitors follow up action steps on correspondence;
- Manages complex calendars, organizes and maintains schedules of internal and external meetings, including contacting participants, reserving meeting space and audio/visual equipment;
- Supports Board and Executive Committee meetings, including scheduling, mailings, room preparation, ordering food and supplies, etc.;
- Maintains board meeting attendance records and meeting minutes archive;
- Maintains and updates donor information in central database;
- Creates and maintains organized filing systems of paper and electronic documents;
- Monitors President’s whereabouts and meeting length; interrupts when necessary;
- Ensures President has all relevant materials prior to meetings;
- Assists President in prepping for major donor and prospect meetings by preparing reports, briefing materials, correspondence, proposals, and related documents;
- Plans and arranges seasonal staff functions such as a summer event and holiday event;
- Coordinates employee recognition program related to staff anniversaries;
- Works with HR Manager to manage and coordinate the fire drill procedure;
- Makes travel arrangements and processes expense reports;
- Acts as weekly back up to receptionist during breaks and lunch;
- Ability to uphold a strict level of confidentiality;
- Performs office management tasks, small projects, and other duties as required.
- Excellent executive administrative skills with 5+ years’ experience reporting directly to senior management and ability to type 60+ wpm;
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail;
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Advanced level of competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Solid working knowledge of standard office equipment;
- Ability to use Adobe software to produce meeting materials.